Columbus Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbus Hardcore

Columbus Hardcore Lifestyle

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh my god this board is dying...

+4
Lil Eric
It's Not In Your Heart
OG NATHAN
Scott
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Oh my god this board is dying... Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Scott

Scott

cherry

Somebody talk shit about someone else.

2Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:09 pm

OG NATHAN

OG NATHAN
Admin

I found your video scott....

http://head2wall.blogspot.com/

3Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Scott

Scott

Once Lil Eric accused Josh and I of having some secret mainstream band that made a lot of money. Looks like you found us out.

4Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:15 am

It's Not In Your Heart

It's Not In Your Heart

HERES SOME FUEL....
WHAT DO HC KIDS IN COLUMBUS EXPECT TO ACCOMPLISH WITH A "SCENE"?

Just curious, I wont go into why I'm asking this....yet. Because I want to see what response this gets first.

5Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Lil Eric

Lil Eric
Admin

It's Not In Your Heart wrote:HERES SOME FUEL....
WHAT DO HC KIDS IN COLUMBUS EXPECT TO ACCOMPLISH WITH A "SCENE"?

Just curious, I wont go into why I'm asking this....yet. Because I want to see what response this gets first.

I don't care about a scene in Columbus anymore. Good shows rarely happen because people book any band that ask for a show even if the band isn't good. No one comes to shows when they aren't at bernies or stoned pizza. I'm not gonna lie I don't even like going to shows at the 15th house because 75% of those kids suck. I still don't mind going to shows at the legion but thats slowly getting shittier and shittier. Nothing ever gets accomplished with a scene in Columbus because kids don't support the "scene" that we have. ahh welll..

http://Myspace.com/lilericxogx

6Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:41 pm

OG NATHAN

OG NATHAN
Admin

Only about 10 people in Columbus care about new bands that their friends are not in.

http://head2wall.blogspot.com/

7Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Scott

Scott

1. It's an elitist scene and it's hard to draw new people in. I feel out of place at shows in Columbus and I'm in bands that play a lot of shows. In short, we need more young kids that are newer to hardcore. This can be accomplished by booking shitty high school bands on "good" shows. Given a chance, a Hot Topic kid exposed to good music will get into it. It also hurts having no space in the suburbs like Midgard or that party house in Reynoldsburg. When I was in high school, we had a million places to play.
Also, this may be an issue that high school kids aren't getting into good shit anymore. Punk and that pop-ass metalcore bullshit isn't for the outcasts and weirdos anymore. It's cool, the cheerleaders and football players listen to it. It's acceptable, so the outsiders that most of us were choose a different path.

2. We need to give more credit to the people that book shows. People like Aaron, Nate, and Scotty that really try to book around here and no one gives them any credit. We've also got people that go to every show, even if only to support their friends. Lil Eric, Jakob, Aaron, Nate, Lukas, and others I'm forgetting are at near every show and that takes commitment.

Columbus hardcore is in a weird spot. We have a scene, but it's getting stagnant. Same bands, same shows. We just need to mix it up and take some chances.

Abs Mag should play more shows too. That would help.

8Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Lil Eric

Lil Eric
Admin

I think we should just put attack attack on every show.

http://Myspace.com/lilericxogx

9Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Scott

Scott

Lil Eric wrote:I think we should just put attack attack on every show.

That's pretty much what I was saying.

10Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Stabmaster Arson

Stabmaster Arson

Hardcore is pretty stagnant itself right now. There's not many bands that are out that peak my interest and of the few that do, most probably won't make it out here. Then there's the problem of bands being so hyped up that they're a disappointment when you do see them. That was the case with Cult Ritual a few weeks back for me. The records are rad but the show was just okay. I think most people in the scene are bored and so they're taking what they're being given. It's a bummer but sometime soon something has to come along and just shake shit up again. At least, I would hope so.

11Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:18 pm

vegan muslim

vegan muslim

I definitely agree that hardcore has gotten too tame and hype driven but this is the life cycle of hardcore and it ebbs and flows but the people who book shows despite it all deserve more credit and people not trying to skate by on cred instead of paying at the door seriously! if you have no money I will pay for you

bottom line support shows and enjoy yourself dont cross your arms and pout or just show up for swag or vinyl come to take and give something back leave something at the show be it blood or sweat or your hard earned cash or just a cool conversation with someone you dont know OPEN YOUR MIND

also all I have ever cared about is the feeling I get at a hardcore show and that my best friends are always there even if its me and 3 people in a shitty basement in January if my friends are there then the rest of the world can rot I dont need packed shows or cool scenes

but I love all the columbus regulars and if it grows then inshallah if not then well we always have each other

12Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:08 am

CHUNK

CHUNK

Well I moved out of Cbus got tired of the junk and wanted to be back in Marysville and work for Honda.

Unless it's a good show that I can get the time off for I just can't make them out.

I have barely been to any shows since I moved it's a matter of time. Spending money and wanting to relax. I remember it always used to be packed and stuff.

People are growing up guys. Getting married starting lives. Shows just can't fit into our scedules anymore. I know I sound old but thats the way it is. Only thing I have planned since I could get it off.

I am going to see Winds Of Plague at Newport. (flamesuit on)

Mix in some Metalcore with Hardcore. That will bring the kids back out.

Fights all the time also drove alot of people away from the shows. I know I am not the one to be slaying it cause I have had my fair share also.

13Oh my god this board is dying... Empty Re: Oh my god this board is dying... Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 pm

sean2outerspace

I have lots of mixed thoughts about the "scene". I mostly feel like I don't care about some "scene" I'm supposedly a part of, because I don't think that I owe hardcore anything. Hardcore is music, I go to shows because I like the music, to entertain myself, and enjoy a hangout, not for some great movement or set of ideals.

At the same time, if more people come to shows then shows make more money and can pay bigger/cooler bands to come play Columbus. I would like to see those bands (FLOORPUNCH! *cough *cough) so if there was more of a scene I might have more cool shows to go to which would be awesome...

In the end I think that Scott is right and that abs mag should play more shows.
You all should start supporting the scene on Monday and come see Joe Coffee (feat. Paul Bearer of Sheer Terror) at Carabar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum