Columbus Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbus Hardcore

Columbus Hardcore Lifestyle

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why is there even a spot to post shows?

+7
Tuck
Lil Eric
Scott
WEEDSTEELER
OG NATHAN
Mike Giff
themoststraightedge
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why is there even a spot to post shows? Empty Why is there even a spot to post shows? Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:38 pm

themoststraightedge

themoststraightedge

1. Columbus doesn't have shows anymore.

2. Nobody came when we had good shows.

3. Nobody would come if we had good shows again.

4. Every spot (aka bernies) that was awesome to do shows, we can't have shows at anymore.

5. Nobody that goes to shows actually likes each other so there are always fights.

6. I'm too jaded to book shows so I like to complain about other people not booking shows.

7. Bands like attack attack give columbus a bad name so nobody wants to come here.

8. Nobody will go see a band if they don't have mosh parts.

9. Nobody besides me owns a PA system and I donated mine to the legion of doom so I really don't even have one anymore.

10. The "information age" ruins the way people listen to music so the hundreds of awesome bands out there never get heard.

Fuck.

Mike Giff

Mike Giff

themoststraightedge wrote:1. Columbus doesn't have shows anymore.

2. Nobody came when we had good shows.

3. Nobody would come if we had good shows again.

4. Every spot (aka bernies) that was awesome to do shows, we can't have shows at anymore.

5. Nobody that goes to shows actually likes each other so there are always fights.

6. I'm too jaded to book shows so I like to complain about other people not booking shows.

7. Bands like attack attack give columbus a bad name so nobody wants to come here.

8. Nobody will go see a band if they don't have mosh parts.

9. Nobody besides me owns a PA system and I donated mine to the legion of doom so I really don't even have one anymore.

10. The "information age" ruins the way people listen to music so the hundreds of awesome bands out there never get heard.

Fuck.

I just don't like the whole digital flyer thing as part of the "information age".

OG NATHAN

OG NATHAN
Admin

themoststraightedge wrote:1. Columbus doesn't have shows anymore.

Why is there even a spot to post shows? L_710a8b3e866546388fd0466b322abda6

sort of columbus
Why is there even a spot to post shows? June26th

Why is there even a spot to post shows? L_42a7a58899cc45cb84bf6519b276c38e

Why is there even a spot to post shows? _0

http://head2wall.blogspot.com/

WEEDSTEELER

i went to shows when there were good ones and i still do. if you're unhappy with the shows in columbus then maybe you should book your own or move to a cooler city, either way complaining about this on the internet just makes you look like a total nerd who has nothing else to worry about but hardcore.

i disagree with the anti-technology thing because thousands of bands (like attack attack) have used the internet to get their music heard everywhere. technology has actually made things easier, unfortunately its also turned kids into little spoiled assholes with zero work ethic, this thread and your bitching is a perfect example of it.

zach

oh and bernies?? are you being serious?

Scott

Scott

Wait, isn't the OP in Weedsteeler?

Scott

Scott

PS- I love shows at Bernies. I know I'm in the extreme minority on that, but I think it sucks there aren't hardcore shows there anymore.

Mike Giff

Mike Giff

I wish Addition 13 still existed, that venue would be perfect for so many tours that happen now.

WEEDSTEELER

Scott wrote:Wait, isn't the OP in Weedsteeler?

who or what is that?

Scott

Scott

WEEDSTEELER wrote:

who or what is that?

OP=Original Poster, starter of the thread, as in Chris.

themoststraightedge

themoststraightedge

Scott wrote:
WEEDSTEELER wrote:

who or what is that?

OP=Original Poster, starter of the thread, as in Chris.

I was in weedsteeler for exactly 2 show. Thats doesn't count as being in it. No homo.

And also, I already made fun of myself for not booking shows and for being fat and jaded. I know you go to shows, Zach. I was referring to everybody who call themselves "hardcore" kids who only go to shows if the band is "talked about" on the b9 board. There are always exceptions to the rules.

themoststraightedge

themoststraightedge

WEEDSTEELER wrote:

oh and bernies?? are you being serious?

Yeah. Bernies ruled. Its gross, the sound sucks, the stage sucks and people are assholes, but that was part of its charm. Plus, it was a perfect size. Small shows didn't seem so small and big shows were way too packed. Both good things.

themoststraightedge

themoststraightedge

WEEDSTEELER wrote: move to a cooler city

There is no cooler city. Just sayin.

WEEDSTEELER

first off chris is weedsteeler, that shit is for life. unfortunately!

and i feel what you're saying, and respect it, but because we are on the nerd i didn't know it was you (chris) posting and assumed it was just some snotty kid that never chipped in or put in time/work. i know for a fact that youve has done more than most kids around here (myself included) by playing in bands, booking shows, and running a show space (rip).

so no disrespect to you at all, nothing but love from me and mine. nh.

i still do think the internet has changed the game a lot (for better and for worse) but i guess there's nothing we can do about it, we could boycott it like tall rob tried to do but he sold out(rip)

ill blood
zach

WEEDSTEELER

oh and you're goddamn right about columbus

haterz be damned

Scott

Scott

Just wanted to post and let everyone know that I've never done anything for Columbus hardcore and only go to shows I'm playing.

Lil Eric

Lil Eric
Admin

Scott wrote:Just wanted to post and let everyone know that I've never done anything for Columbus hardcore and only go to shows I'm playing.

hahahaa

http://Myspace.com/lilericxogx

themoststraightedge

themoststraightedge

Scott wrote:Just wanted to post and let everyone know that I've never done anything for Columbus hardcore and only go to shows I'm playing.

and you worked for deathwish. Get out of here.

18Why is there even a spot to post shows? Empty Re: Why is there even a spot to post shows? Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Scott

Scott

themoststraightedge wrote:

and you worked for deathwish. Get out of here.

You would be on that label given a chance.

19Why is there even a spot to post shows? Empty Re: Why is there even a spot to post shows? Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:32 pm

Tuck

yeah but were not cool enough and your little friend that works there hates me

Scott

Scott

Tuck wrote:yeah but were not cool enough and your little friend that works there hates me

No

XscreamingforchangeX

XscreamingforchangeX

I always loved bernies, i never understood why everyone fucking bitched about it. Who gives a shit if the sound sucks, i dont go to shows to listen to the music, i go to mosh and mosh only!!!!

P.S. Midgards FOR LIFE

Josh Clark

Josh Clark

XscreamingforchangeX wrote:I always loved bernies, i never understood why everyone fucking bitched about it. Who gives a shit if the sound sucks, i dont go to shows to listen to the music, i go to mosh and mosh only!!!!

P.S. Midgards FOR LIFE

Listen. I was interviewed for a documentary on Midgard Comics. That place ruled. Let me tell you.

vegan muslim

vegan muslim

XscreamingforchangeX wrote:Who gives a shit if the sound sucks, i dont go to shows to listen to the music, i go to mosh and mosh only!!!!

i only go for the bologna chopper lukas but i retired that after that legion of doom casualty damn shame what happened

WEEDSTEELER

only good show that happened at midgard...

lifes halt/what happens next tour

darkest hour hopped on and were total dorks but lifes halt seriously killed it. one of the top 5 columbus hardcore shows.

25Why is there even a spot to post shows? Empty Re: Why is there even a spot to post shows? Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 pm

XscreamingforchangeX

XscreamingforchangeX

vegan muslim wrote:
XscreamingforchangeX wrote:Who gives a shit if the sound sucks, i dont go to shows to listen to the music, i go to mosh and mosh only!!!!

i only go for the bologna chopper lukas but i retired that after that legion of doom casualty damn shame what happened
you bologna chopped me right in the face during that tough guy beatdown band,TRICERATOPS at the IRON AGE show at the legion(which was an awesome show!!) i fell hard and had a bloody nose, but thats the bologna chopper in full effect!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum