Columbus Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbus Hardcore

Columbus Hardcore Lifestyle

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghosts of Hardcore Past

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ghosts of Hardcore Past Empty Ghosts of Hardcore Past Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:39 pm

vegan muslim

vegan muslim

I know that everyone is too cool to care but I wanted to come up with a list of things in hardcore that died or faded out that made it so vital back in the day:

The first thing that came to my mind was mail order and having to actually use a postage stamp and envelope to get a mail order list and then sending away for merchandise. The insert for mail order was always super shitty quality and hard to see but man it was magical somehow and it made ordering merchandise a real adventure.

2Ghosts of Hardcore Past Empty Re: Ghosts of Hardcore Past Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Mike Giff

Mike Giff

vegan muslim wrote:I know that everyone is too cool to care but I wanted to come up with a list of things in hardcore that died or faded out that made it so vital back in the day:

The first thing that came to my mind was mail order and having to actually use a postage stamp and envelope to get a mail order list and then sending away for merchandise. The insert for mail order was always super shitty quality and hard to see but man it was magical somehow and it made ordering merchandise a real adventure.

I remember many times having to send away for Rev catalogs and such. Definitely had more anticipation for that merch than most else I order now.

You already people making real flyers in the other thread. A dying art.

3Ghosts of Hardcore Past Empty Re: Ghosts of Hardcore Past Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:01 pm

Stabmaster Arson

Stabmaster Arson

A sense of fear.

4Ghosts of Hardcore Past Empty Re: Ghosts of Hardcore Past Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Scott

Scott

I think every time I ordered a shirt through a mail order I ended up getting a different shirt than the one I ordered. I also remember not caring how anything fit. There was no such thing as too big. I don't think I even knew my shirt size when I was in high school.

Also, going to shows with bands you didn't know, you couldn't really check them out beforehand. I was blown away by bands I knew nothing about many times. Now, there's always internet hype and myspace pages, so there's not as many surprises.

Also, now every band has 15 shirt designs on tour. It used just be one design: logo on black.

5Ghosts of Hardcore Past Empty Re: Ghosts of Hardcore Past Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:18 pm

sean2outerspace

krishna beads.

6Ghosts of Hardcore Past Empty Re: Ghosts of Hardcore Past Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:45 pm

vegan muslim

vegan muslim

Tim Lovelady wrote:A sense of fear.

that is a very good point

that primal feeling at a show that anything could happen good or bad

7Ghosts of Hardcore Past Empty Re: Ghosts of Hardcore Past Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:56 pm

vegan muslim

vegan muslim

sean2outerspace wrote:krishna beads.
Ghosts of Hardcore Past Krishna-christ

teamwork posted this for PAUL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum