Columbus Hardcore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbus Hardcore

Columbus Hardcore Lifestyle

You are not connected. Please login or register

HARDCORE POLL....LETS RESUSCITATE THIS BITCH

+5
sean2outerspace
Mike Giff
Scott
Stabmaster Arson
WEEDSTEELER
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

WEEDSTEELER

THE BOARDS BEEN LACKING AND I DONT WANNA SEE SEAN PEACE OUT SO HERES A POLL...

SO GIVE ME YOUR..

1. BEST SHOW YOU'VE BEEN TO
2. BEST DEMO
3. BEST EP
4. BEST LP
5. HARDEST MOSH PART
6. FAVORITE YEAR OF HC AND WHY
7. A COOL HC ROAD TRIP STORY

WE'VE ALL GOT THESE, SO LETS GO...

ZACH

Stabmaster Arson

Stabmaster Arson

1. Haymaker/Gunnar Hansen/Pulling Teeth/Machete at the Corktown Tavern in Hamilton, ON, Canada. December of 2005.
2. Breakdown demo. No question.
3. Siege - Drop Dead 7".
4. D.R.I. - Dealing With It.
5. March Of The S.O.D. by S.O.D. or Fear Of Napalm by Terrorizer.
6. 1987... Cryptic Slaughter - Money Talks, D.R.I. - Crossover, C.O.C - Technocracy.
7. Going to see Haymaker was an experience. We got stopped at the border and the broad checking the car asked if my friend Matt's cd case was filled with "hate music". The dude who was working looked at it and recognized some of the bands and let us go. About 45 minutes from Hamilton we all had to piss so we pulled off a random exit and my friend Robby got our car stuck in a ditch in front of a farmer's house. He came out, got his tractor and pulled the car out. Then he asked us for some money to buy whiskey. We obliged and just pissed in the snow. Got to the venue way early so we went to a record store (Reigning Sound RIP) and the owner said since we drove all the way from Michigan we could stick around the shop so we had something to do. Went to the show and it was my first time seeing Pulling Teeth. If I remember correctly they covered Skin Graft by Left For Dead. Gunnar Hansen was awesome and it's a bummer that band never got taken seriously. Haymaker played and all hell broke loose. Fireworks, chairs, stage diving fists first at security. It was the longest set they ever played and they played 6 Black Flag covers and the Anthrax cover. My old roommate took a bottle rocket to the eye. Had to explain that one at customs on the way back at 4AM. Got to see my favorite band in the second to last time they ever played and the final time they played the infamous Corktown. No show has topped it since.

WEEDSTEELER

1. NOT REALLY A HC SHOW BUT I'D HAVE TO GO WITH BOTCH/GRADE/MURDER CITY DEVILS CLEVELAND NOT SURE WHAT YEAR BUT SHOW WAS REALLY GOOD. ALL 3 BANDS ENDED UP BREAKING UP AFTER THE TOUR. BEACHLAND BALLROOM WAS PACKED AND IT JUST HAD A GOOD OLD PUNK SHOW VIBE. HONERABLE MENTIONS WOULD GO TO TOTAL FURY AT THE LEGION, AND POSI NUMBERS 2003.

2. RINGWORM, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. NIGHTBREED INTRO INTO BLIND TO FAITH = UR MOSHING.

3. LIFE'S BLOOD - DEFIANCE

4. UNDERDOG - VANISHING POINT

5. CRO-MAGS DON'T TREAD ON ME / RINGWORM - DOLLAR WHORE

6. 89 - FIRST SOIA LP, UNDERDOG LP, LEEWAY LP, BRINGIN IT DOWN, START TODAY. AND A TON MORE. FOR A YEAR I PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED? ID SAY 2003, LOTS OF GOOD SHOWS, LOTS OF GOOD TIMES WITH THE CREW, LOCKIN OUT SHIT WAS PICKING UP, INTEGRITY WAS BACK, IT WAS JUST A GOOD TIME.

7. DRIVING TO ST LOUIS AND BACK IN A DAY, EATING A 42 INCH PIZZA AND GETTING SICK BEFORE SEEING MENTAL/DES MEAS/RJ, SWIMMING IN A PUBLIC FOUNDTIAN AND SEEING A DEAD PIGEON FLOAT BY, ACKERMAN WAKING EVERYBODY UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT BY PLAYING GUITAR WITH HIS MOUTH WHILE DRIVING. GOOD TIMES.

Scott

Scott

1. BEST SHOW YOU'VE BEEN TO - This won't be a cool enough answer for all y'all, but that Converge/Some Girls/Modern Life is War/Blacklisted tour in Boston is the first one that comes to mind. Every band was either awesome or is Some Girls. Plus when you live in a city that has good shows, you can just go home and go to bed afterwords.
2. BEST DEMO - I don't do demos, put out a real record or get the fuck out.
3. BEST EP - Too hard.
4. BEST LP - Too hard.
5. HARDEST MOSH PART - Nautical Hyperblast - Escape from Dayton
6. FAVORITE YEAR OF HC AND WHY - Not cool enough to have a good answer.
7. A COOL HC ROAD TRIP STORY - Taste-shaping trip: Drove with some friends and my girlfriend (when we had been dating for 2 months) to Detroit to Michigan Fest in 2000. We went to see Alkaline Trio and Dillinger Four, who were both in their prime, but also ended up catching Ted Leo pre-Pharmacists with Rainer Maria backing him, Isis, and Cave In during their transitional phase before Jupiter came out. They did half heavy and half Jupiter-style. On the way I tried to piss in a soda can in the car. It didn't go all that well.

Mike Giff

Mike Giff

1. Posi Numbers 2002- AN, Panic, Count Me Out, Death Threat, No Warning, Suicide File, Cro-Mags, Stop & Think, Striking Distance, DM, First Step, Think I Care, Time Flies (last show), My Luck/Final plan split set, and Mental getting Boo'd off the stage. A ton of other great bands played this also, like The Snobs (RIP).

2. Too many great demos to pick just one. My favs of the last 8-9 years would be Stop & Think (both) and Dumptruck demo.

3. Too hard to name just one also.

4. Warzone- DFTS,DFTS. Honorable mention: GB- Start Today, AN- Background Music

5. Also too hard to pick, currently like Ringworm-Birth is Pain

6. Can't name a year that I wasn't there to experience. I'll have to agree with Zach on this one 2002-2003 were both equally great years. Loads of great records were released in those years.

7. Nothing really interesting.

sean2outerspace

1. BEST SHOW YOU'VE BEEN TO - probably posi 2002, favorite venue of all time (homebase) I think that carry on might also have played (but maybe that was '03) time flies last set was so positive, I don't remember mental the same as Giff does though, I remember they did 3 songs before someone else's set (stop and think's?) greg wore timberlands, and kids went apeshit, Shark attack also played that year and it was totally insane
2. BEST DEMO - hard to say, right now I've been jammin both stop and think demos
3. BEST EP - FP - goal line stand
4. BEST LP -GB -start today
5. HARDEST MOSH PART - all of down by law by madball
6. FAVORITE YEAR OF HC AND WHY - '97 was a good year for me, first year I got into a ton of hardcore, there were lots and lots of great new bands (FP, count me out, time flies, ten yard fight, fastbreak) and lots of great shows to travel to.
7. A COOL HC ROAD TRIP STORY - todd jones once flipped clif's parents suburban returning from the very first posi fest. I wasn't there but I should have been.

Josh Clark

Josh Clark

1. BEST SHOW YOU'VE BEEN TO - Helmet and Quicksand at Midgard Comics in 1847.
2. BEST DEMO - Battle of Gettysburg
3. BEST EP - Josh and Nathan go Acoustic.
4. BEST LP - Rival Schools - United By Fate
5. HARDEST MOSH PART - Listen, I don't mosh. Let me tell you.
6. FAVORITE YEAR OF HC AND WHY - 2003 - Battle of Gettysburg tours.
7. A COOL HC ROAD TRIP STORY - Nathan and I were driving in the front seat when BoG was on tour and we saw tooooons of hot 13 year olds by the side of the road. They were advertising a car wash. We got the car washed and touched each other.

It's Not In Your Heart

It's Not In Your Heart

1. BEST SHOW YOU'VE BEEN TO: Hardcore Superbowl '91- AF,SOIA,GB,supertouch.... RUNNER UP: 1st moerthanmusic fest

2. BEST DEMO: not that I own it: Gorilla Biscuits 86demo
3. BEST EP: Inside Out "no spiritual surrender"
4. BEST LP: Dag Nasty "Wig Out at Dinkos"
5. HARDEST MOSH PART: Converge "Saddest Day"
6. FAVORITE YEAR OF HC AND WHY: '93 HC was diverse, had a spine, kinko scams, and believed in ourselves.
7. A COOL HC ROAD TRIP STORY: Driving Remington in the Inept van to play a fest in G'ville FL. and having it break down in the middle of GA. The van was dead for good. Rented a Uhaul where the 3 girls drove up front and the 5or6 guys road in the back. got to the fest. Grace and I worked at Whole world and we baked 8 dozen vegan peanutbut and chocolate cookies the night before we left so we could sell them for gas $... the word got around and bands announced that we were stuck in FL so kids were buying cookies from us for like $5 and shit! We stayed at chuck from hot water music's trailer and woke up to good news, that our friend from indiana was gonna be relocating to G'ville in a month, but Discount told him that he should take their van early so he can take us home in it. so after the fest we all crammed into Discount's van and drove straight thru to ohio. I think it rained 90% of the trip back. My band was pissed at me for taking the van and killing it. But that trip showed me that HC is more than a bunch of kids feeding their egos by being in a band to get big and sell merch. It stamped in my brain that we have strangers all over this world that we have a common bond withand will open up their homes, feed us from their fridge, and inconveniace their own paths in life to help another hardcore kid(s) out. If you can't find the beauty in that maybe you should give up and go find a new hobby.

GO!

vegan muslim

vegan muslim

1. BEST SHOW YOU'VE BEEN TO: Hardcore Superbowl '91- AF,SOIA,GB,supertouch.... RUNNER UP: 1st moerthanmusic fest

2. BEST DEMO: not that I own it: Gorilla Biscuits 86demo
3. BEST EP: Inside Out "no spiritual surrender"
4. BEST LP: Dag Nasty "Wig Out at Dinkos"
5. HARDEST MOSH PART: Converge "Saddest Day"
6. FAVORITE YEAR OF HC AND WHY: '93 HC was diverse, had a spine, kinko scams, and believed in ourselves.

I was reading this and the comment about KINKOS caught my eye and it made me remember found memories of making

crappy demo covers at Kinkos on campus off high

and also when you had to make the fliers at kinkos with no money and then flier up and down high street and in the hallways at school

No one tries anymore and your post just made me sad but happy to remember the 96-2000 period I was too young in '93

fromthegoodstate

1. BEST SHOW YOU'VE BEEN TO: Syracuse New Years Day show 2004.

2. BEST DEMO: xTyrantx....dubbed it to cassette so I couple play the shit out of it in my truck.
3. BEST EP: Suffocate Faster
4. BEST LP: Gordon Solie Motherfuckers "Power Bomb Anthems"
5. HARDEST MOSH PART: IIIIIII KIIILLLLLLL FOOOORRRR STRAIGHTEDGE
6. FAVORITE YEAR OF HC AND WHY: 2004
7. A COOL HC ROAD TRIP STORY: Summer 2006. On a 20 minute trip to some local show. My girlfriend and I. Road head.

Stabmaster Arson

Stabmaster Arson

fromthegoodstate wrote:7. A COOL HC ROAD TRIP STORY: Summer 2006. On a 20 minute trip to some local show. My girlfriend and I. Road head.

What about when we went to Sarnia to see To The Lions and you scared the shit out of Emily on the bridge?

fromthegoodstate

I dont even remember, what did I do?

Orrrr....when I went to that one city, and was told I wasnt getting any, then did, then was banned from the city, then was allowed in the city, the maybe not allowed anymore? I dunno. Thats pretty core.

Stabmaster Arson

Stabmaster Arson

fromthegoodstate wrote:I dont even remember, what did I do?

Orrrr....when I went to that one city, and was told I wasnt getting any, then did, then was banned from the city, then was allowed in the city, the maybe not allowed anymore? I dunno. Thats pretty core.

It was right after the Minnesota bridge accident and you kept on saying shit like, "What if those guys built this bridge, too?" and she was all freaked out.

Who said you were banned again? No one.

fromthegoodstate

I dunno man. I swear I remember your girl callin me some names on twitter after the last episode.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum